RIM Offers 50% discount on Playbook in India


In November itself, BlackBerry dropped the price of Playbook in the US and Canada as a 'Black Friday' deal to US$200 (around Rs 11,000). Now as a New Year offer, they have offered a similar deal for Indian consumers. The Playbook is now selling in India for 13,490 (16GB), 15,990 (32GB) and 24,490(64GB), but only till December 31.

Why is BlackBerry doing this? First, as the financial year comes to an end, they want to try and reach somewhere close to their financial targets by selling off playbook tablets and India can play a significant role in it. After all, according to Brand Wagon-Synovate best brands survey 2011, BlackBerry has been voted as the second-most aspirational brand in India.

On top of it, India being a price sensitive market is expected to react positively to a big price drop, that too on a premium tablet. Secondly, BlackBerry 10 OS devices will be arriving towards the end of 2012. Thus, new tablets are on the way and so the company needs to get rid of their existing stock.

Here are few outlined features of Playbook

  • 7-inch LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
  • BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
  • 1 GHz dual-core processor
  • 1 GB RAM
  • Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
  • Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
  • Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
  • HDMI video output
  • Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
  • Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
  • Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
  • Ultra thin and portable:
  • Measures 5.1"x7.6"x0.4" (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
  • Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
  • RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.


Read More at Blackbury 
RIM Offers 50% discount on Playbook in India RIM Offers 50% discount on Playbook in India Reviewed by Admin on 5:09 PM Rating: 5

10 comments:

  1. Simply, one of the best article l have come across on this precious subject. I quite agree with your suppositions and will eagerly look forward to your forthcoming updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salutations from across the sea. excellent article I will return for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I do not read post on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very great article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see something truly interesting about your site so I bookmarked .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply want to say I am just newbie to weblog and definitely enjoyed your blog. Most likely I’m going to bookmark your site . You certainly come with exceptional articles. Thanks a lot for sharing your website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great items from you, man. I have take into accout your stuff prior to and you are just too fantastic. I really like what you have obtained here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I savour, lead to I found exactly what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made sure nice points in features also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. salutations from over the sea. detailed blog I must return for more.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Widget

Powered by Blogger.